Monday, February 16, 2009

An Astronomer in Love by Bruce Springsteen

On Bruce Springsteen's new CD, Working on a Dream, he writes a love song from an astronomer's point of view. Now that may be a first!

On track 6 of the album is, " This Life," which goes in part...A bang then stardust in your eyes, A billion years or just this night, Either way it'll be all right, A bla
ckness then the light of a million stars..(it continues)...
At night at my telescope alone, This emptiness I've roamed, Searching for a home... A beauty in the neighborhood, This lonely planet never looked so good...(the son
g ends with the line)...This life, this life and then the next, I finger the hem of your dress, My universe at rest.

Well, in my point of view it beats lines like, "Ground control to Major
Tom." Give it a listen.